segunda-feira, janeiro 17, 2005

O meu fim-de-semana

If you took all the girls I knew
When I was single
And brought them all together for one night
I know they'd never match my sweet imagination
Everything looks worse in black and white

Laughing on the bus
Playing games with the faces
She said the man in the gabardine suit was a spy
I said "Be careful his bowtie is really a camera"

Now I sit by my window and I watch the cars roll by
I fear I'll do some damage one fine day
But I would not be convicted by a jury of my peers
Still crazy after all these years

I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence
A time of confidences

I dreamed that my soul rose unexpectedly
And looking back down at me
Smiled reassuringly

You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away

And then she kissed me
And I realized she probably was right
There must be fifty ways
To leave your lover





"Kathy, I'm lost", I said, though I knew she was sleeping...

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Esta música vai-me sempre fazer lembrar uma porta de um bar, uma passagem de ano e três pessoas muito desafinadas, a partilhar o prazer de cantar.